Researchers and manuscript indexers are welcome to contribute to the Differentiae Database through the addition of further manuscripts and their differentiae. To start contributing to the database, contact the site administrator (Rebecca Shaw). Some general guidelines are below.
- Complete the following files for your manuscript:
- Manuscript description (.txt)
- Manuscript tonary (.txt, .csv, .xls, or .xlsx)
- Images (.zip)
- Examples of the first two files with their requisite structure are provided at the bottom of this page. Please download these files and complete accordingly.
- Notes about the differentiae in your manuscript can either be included in the "Manuscript description" text file.
- If there are differentiae in your manuscript that are not yet identified in the Differentiae Database, please make note of these and include them in the manuscript tonary.
- If the manuscript is indexed elsewhere (e.g., Cantus Database), please provide a link to the manuscript description in your email and include any alternative identifications for each differentia in the manuscript in the "Manuscript tonary" file
Please follow these naming conventions, with no spaces:
Manuscript description: [Siglum]-description.txt (e.g., DMbsClm4303-description.txt)
Manuscript tonary: [Siglum]-tonary.csv (e.g., DMbsClm4303-tonary.csv)
Manuscript images: [Siglum]-images.zip (e.g., DMbsClm4303-images.zip)
Individual differentia images within zipped folder: [DifferentiaID][Siglum].png (e.g., 7aDMbzClm4303.png)
Edits, corrections, and additions
If you notice any errors in the database, or would like additional search and filter possibilities, please contact the site administrator and these changes will be addressed as soon as possible.