Researchers and manuscript indexers are welcome to contribute to the Differentiae Database through the addition of further manuscripts and their differentiae. To start contributing to the database, first contact the site administrator (Rebecca Shaw) to obtain a login and password. Once you are able to login to the site, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the bottom of any page in the database and select "Contribute" or scroll to the bottom of this page.
- Complete the form, through which you will upload 3 files in the following formats:
- Manuscript description (.txt)
- Manuscript tonary (.txt, .csv, .xls, or .xlsx)
- Images (.zip)
- Examples of the first two files with their requisite structure are provided at the bottom of this page. Please download these files and complete accordingly. Then, upload these files to the Contribution form.
- Notes about the differentiae in your manuscript can either be included in the "Manuscript description" text file, or in the "Comments" section at the bottom of the form.
- If there are differentiae in your manuscript that are not yet identified in the Differentiae Database, please indicate so in the "Comments" section.
- If the manuscript is indexed elsewhere (e.g., Cantus Database), please provide a link to the manuscript description in the "Comments" and include any alternative identifications for each differentia in the manuscript in the "Manuscript tonary" file
Please follow these naming conventions, with no spaces:
Manuscript description: [Siglum]-description.txt (e.g., DMbsClm4303-description.txt)
Manuscript tonary: [Siglum]-tonary.csv (e.g., DMbsClm4303-tonary.csv)
Manuscript images: [Siglum]-images.zip (e.g., DMbsClm4303-images.zip)
Individual differentia images within zipped folder: [DifferentiaID][Siglum].png (e.g., 7aDMbzClm4303.png)
Edits, corrections, and additions:
If you notice any errors in the database, or would like additional search and filter possibilities, please contact the site administrator and these changes will be addressed as soon as possible.